Black Out Roller Blinds
Blackout roller blinds have always been available in white, black and cream. In the last few years we have added to our range of colour options. There are now over 20 plain colours and more than 20 blackout patterns.
The three types of blackout blind fabrics.
- Plain coloured fabrics with a plastic coating on the back. Some of these are colour matched to the front colour, but in most cases the blackout backing is white in colour.
- Plastic blackout roller fabrics come in plain colours and some light patterns. These also used in shower rooms because the water spray simply wipes off the plastic fabric.
- Patterned blackout roller fabrics come in a good range of modern and classic patterns. The backing is usually white or light grey.
Blackout blinds will remove most of the light from a room but you should not expect total blackout as there is a 17mm gap each side of the blind to allow for the brackets and end caps. To achieve total blackout you need to order fully cassetted blackout roller blinds. These have side channels and a bottom channel so that full blackout is achieved.
There are 3 main reasons for installing blackout blinds roller style.
- For young families looking to get more sleep in the early morning light.
- For nightworkers needing to have darkness in the daytime.
- For home cinema fans who want to view the latest blockbuster in the best way.